What is special about this course?
This SVQ3 Professional Cookery course is based at the House of Morven, part of the main campus in Thurso which is also the home of 'Flagstones at Morven', our training restaurant. It is also based in Burghfield House, the college's training restaurant in Dornoch.
You will study advanced cookery skills and relevant kitchen management skills, for example maintaining a safe, secure environment and taking a responsible position within a kitchen brigade.
- SVQ Level 2 Professional Cookery and experience of working a professional kitchen
- Extensive relevant experience in a professional kitchen
- Advanced cookery skills including cooking and finishing complex dishes
- Kitchen management skills: maintaining a safe, secure environment and taking a responsible position within a kitchen team.
There will be the opportunity to achieve a REHIS Intermediate Food Hygiene Certificate during the course.
Opportunities include: helping and catering for the Young Highland Chef Competition and attendance at the annual chef conference in Glasgow.
How will I study my course?
- Full Time
- Part Time
- Day release
You will attend the training restaurant on the main campus.
How long will my course last?
1 year full time or longer part time.
Where can I study my course?
For the latest information on fees please see our fees policy.
What can I do on completion of my course?
- HNC Events
- HNC Professional Cookery
- Enhanced career prospects as a Commis Chef, an Assistant Cook, or a Chef de Partie
Is there more information available online?
You can use the above QR code to connect directly to the course details.