What is special about this course?
The PDA in Workplace Assessment Using Direct and Indirect Methods will develop your knowledge and skills in preparing for, planning and carrying out assessment of individuals in the workplace.
You will use direct methods such as observation, examination of work products (both created and not created at the time of observation) and questioning. You may also be involved in authenticating indirect evidence such as discussion with candidates, testimony of others (witnesses), examination of candidate statements, assessment of candidates in simulated environments, recognition of prior learning (RPL), otherwise known as the accreditation of prior achievement (APA).
- The PDA in Workplace Assessment Using Direct and Indirect Methods is one of the qualifications required by workplace assessors who assess SVQs, other workplace qualifications or in-company standards.
- Students must be a workplace assessor, currently working with at least two VQ candidates.
- Relevant care experience and access to candidates undertaking their SVQ awards
Year 1 - PDA
This award provides you with the skill set and qualifications to assess, within their own subject area, so your candidates may gain certification of competence.
How will I study my course?
- Part-time (structured): work-based
- The PDA is work-based. You will be assessed in the workplace
How long will my course last?
- Part-time (structured): 6 months
Where can I study my course?
- Other start dates may be available
- For information on variable start dates please contact the college where you wish to study
For information on costs of this course please contact the college at which you wish to study.
External scholarships and financial support may be available. Contact the relevant university partner college for more information.
What can I do on completion of my course?
This PDA will be studied as part of ongoing staff training to allow you to support staff studying on VQ programmes.
Can I progress into further study?
Students may wish to progress to the PDA in Internal Verification of Workplace Assessment.
Is there more information available online?
You can use the above QR code to connect directly to the course details.