What is special about this course?
The NC in sound production provides candidates with the core skills and knowledge in sound production, music business and performance. Students are introduced to a range of practical and theory based units. Students will gain experience in live PA, recording, mixing and working with Digital Audio Workstations as well as many other aspects of the industry.
- Three National 5 qualifications or three Standard Grades at Level 4 or above
- NC Music (SCQF Level 5)
- All applicants will be interviewed
- Sound engineering and production
- Digital media
- Audio editing
- Sound reinforcement
- Applied multimedia
- Creative project
- Music MIDI sequencing
- You will also develop core skills in IT, numeracy and communications
How will I study my course?
- Full Time
- Part Time
How long will my course last?
1 Academic Years
One year full time, longer part time
Where can I study my course?
Intakes are in September and January for the full time course.
For the latest information on fees please see our fees policy.
Students may also be eligible to apply for bursary funding.
What can I do on completion of my course?
- HNC Sound Production
- Manage and design music and sound for television, radio, conferences, concerts and other live events or pursue multimedia careers in web design, animation and gaming.
Is there more information available online?
You can use the above QR code to connect directly to the course details.