What is special about this course?
This training programme will help you to understand basic financial documents used in business. You’ll learn how to interpret the information in these documents, and use this knowledge to manage day-to-day business activity. This will enable you to be more effective in your managerial role.
After completing the finance for non-financial managers training programme, you'll be able to:
- Understand basic financial documents used in business
- Interpret the information in these documents, and use it to manage day-to-day business activity
- Be more effective in your managerial role
There are no formal entry requirements for this course but you should be working in a managerial role or looking to move into a managerial role to get the most from this qualification.
Understanding the income statement account and statement of financial position
- What is included in a statement of financial position?
- What is included in an income statement account?
- The differences between the above two financial statements.
Using information from the income statement account and statement of financial position
- How to interpret information from an income statement account and statement of financial position.
- Ratio analysis.
- How to interpret using ratio analysis.
- How to use selected ratios to interpret information in financial statements.
- The limitations of ratio analysis.
- Why cash doesn’t equal profit.
- What you can do to ensure there’s sufficient cash within the business.
Using budgets to manage business activity
- How budgets help with day to day business management.
- How to interpret information in a budget.
How will I study my course?
- Short course
How long will my course last?
Where can I study my course?
This course is scheduled to run on Friday 22nd March at North Highland College UHI, Thurso campus. Other dates may be available at our Thurso, Dornoch and Alness campuses please email, firstname.lastname@example.org for more details.
For the latest information on fees please see our fees policy.
What can I do on completion of my course?
Once completed, you may wish to register your interest on another AAT short course at North Highland College UHI or look into further professional development with our PDA Financial Accounting course.
Is there more information available online?
You can use the above QR code to connect directly to the course details.